Friday 30 December 2011

Beachcombing at Westward Ho!

Or things to do on a dull grey Devon December day. 

Post Christmas day, I always like to get out with the camera for some fresh air, exercise and maybe get a few images of the fabulous North Devon coast.  Sadly the weather this year was not helpful, with several very grey days.  So on Boxing Day I spent a few hours at Westward Ho! 

Westward Ho! is famous for being the only place in the UK that has an exclamation mark as part of its name (and the only town I can think of that is named after a novel).  It is also a place I know well, having spent many summer Sundays there as a child.  I knew I could find some potential pictures along the huge pebble ridge that is a major feature of the beach.  Sure enough, I was able to find enough interesting bits in the strand-line to keep me occupied for a couple of hours.






No comments:

Post a Comment